Business Intelligence Analyst (New York, NY)
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to provide financial and market intelligence to business and IT leaders to further develop and enhance the Company’s intelligent data analysis platform used internally by the Company’s data scientists, to advise client on best advertisement avenues. Assess and devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources and advise business leaders on how patterns will have a financial impact on the Company. Specific duties will include:
- Conduct thorough analysis of the Company’s technical data analytics platform and advise business leaders regarding functional specifications needed to enhance the Company’s technical solutions and deliver business requirements.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the financial industry, statistics, and various data structures to assist the Company’s data scientists with understanding business forecast modelling and advise ways to enhance predictive error checking within the Company’s software platform as well as building new products to increase company revenue.
- Assist with advising on technical operations for loading data management across 30 global markets.
- Use knowledge of business requirements and finance costs and advise on how to drive data analytics projects into effective and operative technical products to be used by the Company to increase efficiency and revenue for the Company.
- Assist IT developers with building up and testing new data analytics models based on existing data set to forecast future performance and its impact on the Company’s business.
- Participate in weekly and bi-weekly phone calls with stake-holders, additional support through online, and hosted communications, and provide necessary updates to business and IT leaders to meet demands and new requirements.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Business, Finance, or related quantitative field, plus one (1) year of experience providing business and/or data analytics services within marketing and advertising, especially in TV and Digital Ad industry. Experience must include each of the following, which may be gained concurrently:
- One (1) year of experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing large amounts of data to advise on effective business decisions for the Company.
- One (1) year of experience using ETL tools such as MS SSIS, MS SSAS, and/or SQL to collect, clean and process big datasets.
- One (1) year of experience using Tableau, SQL, and/or RSkills to analyze and interpret big dataset into reporting dashboards and insights.
- One (1) year of experience using Python, R, and/or SQL to build up and test models based on existing data sets to forecast future performance and their impact on the Company’s business.
Job site: 24 West 40th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10018. 40 hours per week, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Send resume to SMI Media Inc., Attn: Susan Yacoub, 24 West 40th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10018 or via email: HR@standardmediaindex.com.