Vice President – Analytics And Insights
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for an experienced VP of Analytics & Insights. This role will work closely with the US and global teams to provide a strategic vision to leverage data, research, analytics, and industry knowledge to drive unique insights for clients and partners. This role will work to differentiate SMI and add value to its suite of products and services.
The right candidate will be an analyst skilled in data-driven storytelling, insights and market sizing. This person will have a passion for creating big picture stories that help clients and partners react to changes in a fast moving and dynamic sector.
Reporting to our New York based President, the VP of Insights & Analytics will lead an already productive Data and Analytics team in improving existing insights, as well as contributing to new products which require vast knowledge of the advertising data ecosystem. This role will be focused on developing and delivering projects using both primary and third-party data sets. They will lead the organization in data-driven storytelling and strategic direction to justify an increased investment from the markets we serve.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in traditional and/or digital media in a measurement, analytics or data-focused role.
- Leadership experience in developing and managing specialized teams encompassing research, data science, data engineering, analytics and/or insights.
- Superior analytical skills with keen ability to develop and articulate meaningful insights for a variety of constituents within the media industry (ad sales, research, data/analytics, marketing, finance, agency, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with large and complex data sets such as audience measurement, inventory, pricing, and/or ad spend.
Hands-on experience with a variety of data analytics tools (Tableau, Power BI, Sisense, etc.) and programming languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience working in multi-faceted environment with a keen ability to solve complex analytics challenges across a variety of domains.
- Proven track record of mentoring and developing talent, including implementation of knowledge sharing and best practices.
- Innovative thought-leader with superior knowledge of the media/advertising industry and eco-system.
- Process and detail-oriented executive with a “roll up your sleeves” approach to leadership and best-practices.
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to email@example.com