Director, Product & Data, NYC
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for a passionate and data-driven product leader to deliver high quality product releases and develop new innovate product solutions and enhancements demanded by the industry.
This dynamic role encompasses key layers of our data pipeline, consisting of global taxonomy, release management and product development. The Director will have the opportunity to collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements from inception to delivery, acting as a crucial member of the product development lifecycle.
The primary responsibility of the role includes leading the Data Management team and supporting timely product releases, alignment of global market data structures, and employing best practices to improve data quality.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years’ experience in managing complex datasets across multiple databases, knowledge of US media buying, excellent analytical and communications skills and strong leadership qualities.
- Oversee product releases with team leads, investigate data issues, and effectively escalate and communicate up to direct report and internal stakeholders
- Act as a liaison between the Data Management team and external stakeholders (client services, business development and product teams) transforming external feedback into data enhancements and product updates
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to understand, design & develop product developmentg to improve existing and new product offerings
- Propose data process and product enhancements for measure of scalability and data quality
- Own the OKR setting process for your teams, working closely with direct reports to ensure teams are working towards the same goals
- Responsible for adoption of defined data policies, standards, and best practices on a global scale
- Knowledge expert of SMI data cleansing process and SMI global product suite
- Manage agency data/tech status calls and stay informed of requests/enhancements and data issues
- Develop and maintain templates, manuals/documents, and how-to-references to support global taxonomy
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience working with complex data structures
- Ideal candidates for this role will be highly analytical, problem-solvers with solid people skills
- Capable of leading, motivating, and coaching a team of Product & Data Managers
- Understand SQL database structures and relationships
- Proficient in Excel, formulas, pivot tables, and linking to databases
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in virtual teams
- Familiarity with the media industry is a must
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise analytical solutions such as VBA, PowerBI, is a plus
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org