Senior Analyst, Advertising Insights, NYC
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is staffing a Senior Analyst, Advertising Insights position to support the team’s mission to uncover insights and assemble them into cohesive analyses and business stories for our clients and the market.
The right candidate will combine data mining, analytical skills and storytelling to craft actionable insights. The Sr. Analyst will be an important member of the Insights team in its strategic and consultative approach to assisting clients’ business needs.
This role will also collaborate with departments including Analytics, Marketing and Product. Part of the focus is on editorial insights, in the form of client reports, whitepapers, blog posts and more. The Insights team also assists
with R&D of SMI’s data product offerings.
This role will report directly to the Insights Director.
- Pull, structure and analyze data from our proprietary data sources
- Identify market trends in the advertising landscape
- Support & deliver consultative presentations and reporting to clients and partners
- Support and help produce recurring reports
- Assemble insights for a monthly marketplace newsletter
- Help maintain intranet tools to help colleagues find & stay updated with our insights
- Keep a thumb on the pulse of marketplace & client news impacting the advertising industry to assist with generation of thought leadership pieces for clients and press
- Convey data trends visually with charts and graphs (e.g. PowerPoint, Tableau, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Passion for data-driven storytelling & research
- Data retrieval, processing, interpretation, and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail & organization
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams & deadlines
- 2+ years media/advertising marketplace insights / research experience
- Experience with media data systems (e.g., SMI, Kantar, Nielsen, Comscore, iSpot, etc.)
- Experience with media currencies (e.g., Ad Spend, Ratings, Impressions, CPMs, GRPs, etc.)
- Understanding of ad market dynamics across traditional & digital channels
- Presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (Writing, In-Person & Remote)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Data Processing & Visualization Skills (e.g., advanced Excel, pivot tables, Tableu, PowerBI)
- SQL proficiency preferred
- Motivated & innovative
- Team player
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate and timely advertising intelligence data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only accurate picture of how ad dollars are moving across the ecosystem to help clients win market share and drive improved profitability.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org