Senior Finance Manager, NYC
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted source of ad intelligence, is looking for a proactive, self-motivated Senior Finance Manager to join the growing company!
This newly created role will involve oversight across a broad range of functions, and the ideal candidate will have a hybrid background in accounting, FP&A, and operations. Working with the CFO,
the Finance Manager will help shape the department as SMI’s global footprint expands, working through various matters including legal & compliance, tax, and payroll.
The right person will be willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done, doesn’t settle for status-quo, and will thrive in a growth stage business with a collaborative culture. There is currently one staff-level accountant reporting into the position.
- Manage the monthly close cycle, including all variance analyses
- Develop new budget/forecast models, including integration of Salesforce for pipeline reporting
- Prepare monthly investor/Board pack
- Manage the sales compensation cycle, including quota-setting and compensation plan design
- Lead audit and all related processes
- Take lead role in implementation of new GL/ERP system
- Fine tune processes and procedures, focusing on increasing efficiency
- Review internal controls and segregation of duties
- Assist set up in new countries of operation
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 5-7 years’ experience, ideally with a mix of small business and large corporate
- Hands-on experience in full cycle monthly close
- Knowledge of international businesses/setting up new markets
- Experience building budgets and financial forecasts/models using raw data
- Power Excel user
- Previously held lead roles in audit and due diligence processes
- Solid experience in system implementations
- Preferred: M&A experience, both pre-and-post-sale
- Self-starter with the ability to tackle problems strategically and think creatively
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org