Technical Operations Specialist, NYC
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for a highly capable individual with SQL server experience and an orderly and careful approach to operational tasks to support our rapidly growing and exciting global data business.
You will be responsible for supporting a significant number of installations running internally and across our Advertising Agency partners and Media/Finance subscribers. Our technical platform is primarily based around a growing number of virtualized environments with SQL Server and SMI
bespoke software applications which support our internal processing of large data volumes from a variety of sources, and our delivery of data back to our Agency Partners and Clients.
This position offers the candidate a bright future with opportunities to learn, develop and take on more demanding work with greater responsibilities. We are a small, agile, and dynamic company and we build all our own software and products. We have collaborating team members around the world, yet we have the autonomy to make a difference every day.
- Carry out regular monthly tasks to assist with data processing across global markets.
- Work with Agency Partners to assist with monthly tasks within their own virtualized environments.
- Identify and escalate issues which are likely to affect our ability to meet monthly deadlines.
- Assisting to identify areas where automation or other methods can be used to improve data processing and operational tasks and reduce risk, and defining and documenting those.
- Assisting to troubleshoot and manage our visualized environments and systems.
- Building temporary Database tables to manipulate incoming data in preparation for loading.
- Analyzing incoming data sets to determine if they meet requirements.
- Build up an in-depth knowledge of the SMI products to a point whereby you can help improve or make them more efficient
- Communicate with stakeholders, both internally (SMI business analysts) and externally (agency partners) to understand their requirements
- Develop SDLC skills to take on small projects, then bigger projects, in our ongoing effort to keep our applications in the fore-front of the media industry
Required Skills & Experience
- Well-developed and demonstrable skills with SQL and/or SQL Server.
- Well-developed and demonstrable skills with Excel.
- Understanding of performance issues within SQL Server.
- Effective trouble-shooter.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple simultaneous projects and streams of work.
- Checklist based approach to task management, strong attention to detail
- Experience in writing Functional Specification documents and project management
- 1-2 years’ experience with corporate Databases.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or a related discipline.
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to email@example.com