Vice President of Sales, New York
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted source of advertising intelligence, is looking for a highly motivated sales leader to drive the growth and expansion of the company’s sales across existing and new verticals. This senior-level role will report to the President of our U.S. operations. The right candidate will have an established track record of sales leadership for high-value data and/or technology solutions with a keen understanding of the media and advertising eco-system.
This role will be responsible for leading sales of ad intelligence data, products, and services to SMI’s core verticals including TV network groups, digital publishers, brands, ad tech and measurement companies. The role requires a vast network of industry relationships from companies and contacts focused on advanced advertising, technology, data, and analytics.
This is a tremendous opportunity for the right sales leader to drive growth in a world class ad intel company with incredibly unique data assets. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, externally focused executive that thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a keen ability to make an immediate impact with clients and prospects. The role will initially involve a direct sales focus but will evolve to a full-time coaching role as sales and the team grows.
- Proven track record of sales leadership and revenue growth in the ad intelligence/measurement vertical
- Extensive experience developing sales strategies and plans for advanced advertising, technology and/or data-related products and services
- Deep understanding of the media, advertising, and measurement markets
- Background in assisting clients leverage large, complex datasets for analytics and/or BI
- Extensive experience in consultative, solution-based sales/sales management
- Exceptional communications and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Experience in managing diverse and high-value sales cycles
Required Skills & Experience
- 8 – 10 years of leadership experience driving sales from blue chip names in media, AdTech and measurement
- Proven track record of winning new business and cultivating client relationships
- Extensive experience building and managing sales teams and pipeline
- Strong working knowledge of ad intel data, products, and services
- A passion for uncovering and solving client’s key business challenges
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Superior communication, organizational and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to go the extra mile to find solutions and overcome roadblocks
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate and timely advertising intelligence data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only accurate picture of how ad dollars are moving across the ecosystem to help clients win market share and drive improved profitability.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org