Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for a proactive, self-motivated Data Analyst to work alongside our VP Data Strategy, Sr. Data Analyst, and Data Engineering Manager. This role will support a small but very productive Product, Data & Insights team in supporting/improving existing products as well as building new ones, thus requiring both knowledge of the advertising data ecosystem and deep experience with data analytics.
The Data Analyst will report to the VP Data Strategy but work cross-functionally with teams to support various aspects of projects. The opportunity involves hands-on coding work and data analysis along the product development pipeline for new data-driven products, as well as involvement in continuously improving a few existing products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency using Python to ingest and clean data, aggregate data, and build models
- Proficiency querying data using SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience with data manipulation, preparation, and analysis
- Prior experience applying statistics and/or machine learning against advertising data
- Prior experience working with advertising data
- Prior experience in generating insights using ad spend data
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift, Postgres, or something similar
- Experience in training and backtesting advanced statistical and machine learning models
- Prior experience in advertising intelligence
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org