Data Analyst Finance Sales
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for a proactive, self-motivated Data Analyst to work alongside our Head of Financial Sales and VP Data Strategy. This role will be part of a growing Data Analytics team and provide primary support to our Financial Sales vertical. The right candidate will guide our financial clients through insights that can be acted upon, and work with other teams to release intelligence to the marketplace in the form of reports, simple insights or whitepapers.
The Data Analyst will report to the VP Data Strategy but work cross-functionally with Sales to support various clients. The opportunity involves data analyses along with the ability to take a consultative approach to inform and assist clients in gaining value from the insights.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous expertise of 3-4 years covering FANG and/ or advertising or social media companies via a data science, research, or equities analyst role
- Track record and experience working with institutional investors (buy side preferred but sell side will still be considered) through calls, channel checks, in-person meetings
- General experience and knowledge across capital markets coupled with an understanding of both media, advertising and trajectory of themes in the marketplace such as social media advertising, CTV, DSP and SSP public equities
- Hands-on data modeling experience, applying statistics and/or machine learning against advertising data
- Ability to articulate quantitative data story to qualitative insights
- Prior experience in generating insights using ad spend data
- 3-4 years of experience as a research analyst utilizing data in an investment process.
- Prior experience working with investor relations of public companies and road show experience
- Prior experience and or relationships with media reporters covering tech
- Prior experience and or relationships with management of advertising and or tech companies.
- Deep knowledge of how both digital and traditional advertising is sold, including different markets and platforms
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, BBG terminal
- Prior experience with SQL and/or experience querying relational databases
- Prior experience with Python and/or another scripting language
- Capable of holding audience attention both in-person and virtual
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply to a job opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org