Director – Global Research
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted global source of advertising intelligence, is looking for an experienced Director of Global Research. This role will work closely with the US and global teams to provide a strategic vision to leverage data, research, analytic skills and industry knowledge to uncover insights. This role will work to differentiate SMI and add value to its suite of products and services. Support a very productive Product, Data and Analytics team in improving existing products as well as building new, more advanced products that require vast knowledge of the advertising data ecosystem.
Reporting to our New York based Global CEO, the Director of Global Research will support the development and expansion of advanced pricing and measurement products for TV, OTT and digital platforms. This role will be responsible for developing and executing against industry-specific research and measurement methodologies. They will educate internal and external clients on performance trends to best inform business decisions and provide critical industry expertise on key trends and methodologies.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics
- MS in Statistics or Mathematics preferred
- 10+ years of strategy consulting, marketing and consumer research experience
- Strong background in quantitative advertising research, designing and analyzing complex research studies
- Experience working with ad cost tracking and forecasting data
- Deep knowledge of how both digital and traditional advertising is bought and sold, including different markets, platforms and currencies
- Ability to articulate quantitative data stories to qualitative insights, prior experience in generating insights using ad spend data
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint; familiarity with data visualization tools
- Superior communication and presentation skills for both internal and external clients
- Can lead innovative thought leadership pieces that advance the business and establish expertise on key product categories based on needs
- Ability to tackle problems strategically, think creatively, and be an assertive leader
- Deep knowledge of television measurement system(s), digital and social measurement tools
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.