Senior Project Manager
Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted source of ad intelligence, is looking for a proactive, self-motivated Senior Project Manager (PM) with agile scrum experience and certification to manage data product releases and product development. This role will involve the oversight of analytics-driven products, thus requiring deep experience in technical project management.
The PM will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure product releases are delivered on time and that cross-functional teams adhere to the Agile Scrum product development process. You will also coordinate with all departments on technical aspects of projects to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible with current schedules. In addition to managing releases and the agile development process, you will be responsible for project management tool administration and process governance.
The right person will thrive in a fast moving and ever-changing environment and welcome the ability to make an immediate impact on our company. You are a creative and energetic individual with a strong technical background, and you are skilled at getting the best out of the people and the projects they oversee. You work well in a collaborative culture and growth stage businesses.
- Manage scrum teams throughout the product development lifecycle, including running daily sprint meetings
- Work with Product, Data Science, Engineering and Stakeholders to prioritize, refine and execute the backlog across Sprints
- Must possess strong communication skills (verbal and written), problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Become the Agile Scrum champion in defining and refining the process for optimal execution while maintaining the team’s positive motivation
- Manage the agile scrum process by encouraging team members to deliver PRDs, story points, stories and other required materials. Ensure that the process is adhered to by conducting daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning, refinement meetings and other agile development processes.
- Track and report sprint velocity and health, along with issues, blockers and risks
- Monitor, manage and document all changes in project scope
- Recommend and implement appropriate project management software and tools
- Manage the product development releases
- Manage data product releases with the data operations and client services teams
- Work on global- and U.S.-based solutions
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, championing a positive culture, both for your team and the wider business unit, and through working with other PMs within the PMO to help foster agile scrum and productivity methodologies throughout the organization.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of managing internal projects with a cross-competency team within an agency, media company, MarTech, AdTech, advertising or other relevant industry
- Experience managing buildout and continuous integration for external products
- Experience managing projects across a global team Scrum Master certification with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
- 2+ year experience with configuring and utilizing JIRA and Confluence
- Experience or knowledge of Github
- Experience with data and analytics products required
- Demonstrated ability to accurately identify and mitigate project risk and forecast timelines
- Ability to handle conflicting requirements and manage stakeholder expectations
- Evidence of successful client communication and team coordination throughout a full project lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and standard web-based project and communication tools and technologies
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PMP certification desired
- BA/BS required
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.